Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jobs and Palin-Way of the world

Steve Jobs died at the age of 56,  at what can be considered a young age. Almost every life I know has been touched by Apple and at least one if its products. For some it is buying and enjoying the product. For some like me, it is dealing with incessant demand for money to buy those product. For a very close friend , it was the dilemma of how to get her two sons to share the one precious I=Pod their rich NRI uncle presented. My firs brush with Apple technology was way back in 1986 when a colleague fresh from her PhD in BYU in USA came back with a Mac and she had this "Hide the boss is coming " single click feature which instantly transformed any game you were playing or any frivolous other things you did in office time into a businesslike spreadsheet. Nice touch eh!
I have heard that Steve Jobs did not believe in Market research. I am thankful for that. Collecting opinions from random people who can never imagine how things can be better. I heard many people comparing Jobs to Edison. It seems a very apt comparison. To twist Mark H McCormack's words, "If Steve Jobs had gone to Harvard, we would be typing on bigger keyboards and seeing bigger screens. Thank God he didn't finish college. So the world is worse off for losing someone who could show you a better way.

God (now Steve Jobs is up there to guide him)  works in mysterious ways. While he took away a genius, he saved us as well. I heard an announcement that Sarah Palin has decided to drop out of the presidential race. That brngs a bit of cheer back into my life. I don't know why she decided that. I hope she sticks to it.
I prefer watching her fish, trek, hunt and cook etc. Sarah Palin's Alska is where seems at home and hope she stays there.

Chin up...


No comments:

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs