Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Little one''s little love

As anyone who knows me would know, I have a son. He is a big boy now. He was little once. He is not demonstrative, but shows a little hint of affection once in a while.

Between 1997 and 2002 we visited the US quite often , mostly spent the months of April and May there. And it is in this period that mothers' day is celebrated . At first he couldn't understand how my birthday could change. He after all had a mother with a birthday in August. Then he figured that it was a day that mothers are felicitated and gifts are brought for them etc. In the US my son would do small chores and collect quarters and he had a few dollar saved.

A few days before one mothers' day, he made me wait outside Lechters' (one more victim of bad times in US) and he bought me a beautiful set of knives . I was very pleased. It had set him back a good 9 dollars, almost half of what he saved. The day before mothers' day, he spied a magnetic clip withTAZ ( a comic character modelled on the Tasmanian Devil) and I like it and bought it for 3 princely dollars. On our return , my kiddo sidled up to me and said, "You know that the knives cost a lot of money. Will you please buy them for yourselves and accept Taz as my gift.

And that love for us continues. As I already mentioned he is a big boy with the right to vote now and even earns money on summer jobs and internships. And I am expecting nothing but great love in the form of something cheap from him when he visits me in Bangalore from his temporary base in a US university. 

No comments:

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs